Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Award winning Crazy Christmas Cherry Cobbler!

I have had a few requests for the recipe that won 1st place at the ward dinner. It is super easy (duh does Billie make anything that isn't?) and I am still in shock that it would win a prize! Credit does need to go to Craig and Kellie who gave it this great name. I am sure that helped the judges make the call. It is delicious though. Enjoy....

2 21oz cans of cherry pie filling
1 White or yellow cake mix
1 cube butter melted
Empty pie filling into a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top of the cherries. Pour melted butter evenly over the top. Spreading it evenly with the back of a spoon. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 min. Or until golden brown on top. Tastes great with vanilla ice cream! * You could use any fruit pie filling you desire.

3 comments:

Loyce said...

Thanks, can't wait to try this.

kellie and craig said...

Gee thanks for the recognition, it sure sounds like an award winning name! Brian said your family is really good cooks so I'm sure it's just the skill in the fam why you won though:)

vanessa joie said...

Yum! I love cobbler... probably because I don't really like pie!